The library at Kendriya Vidyalaya, No.1,Shift-1 Pondicherry is situated in the first floor of the secondary building. It has a reading hall and a stack room.
1. Books : 18921
2. Newspapers : 05
3. Periodicals : 50
4. CDs : 15
Library works from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm in all the working Days.
Arrangement of the Books
1. Reference Books are arranged different shelves.
2. Other books arranged according to DDC.
3. There is a separate collection of specimen copies/CBSE books/German books/Sanskrit books
1. Books are issued to the students using Libsoft Software.
2. Two books are issued at a time to the students.
3. Students use their Identy card to issue books.
1. Book Issues
2. Reference Service
3. Display of New Arrivals
4. Bulletin Board Service
5.Various activities -Class-wise
7. Blog Service
The library is a fully automated Kendriya Vidyalaya Library in Chennai Region. Libsoft software is used for automating the library housekeeping operations. Bar code scanner is used to read the bar code labels of books and students.
Browse Books and Periodicals. Read Newspapers. Pick a New Book from the ‘New Arrivals’ rack. Search the Internet and the OPAC. Refer for assignments and projects. Suggest a book. Ask a question.Write your comments. And more…. You are most welcome.
Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.